Hey Book Nation!
Today I bring to you an idea that I have completely stolen from Ash over at ‘Our Books and Bookish Thoughts’
Basically what this is a weekly update on how everything is going, mostly focusing on books but also throwing in the occassional comment about bookstagram or something else book related (also life happening which you may or may not care all to much about)
To begin, this week I changed the theme of this website! What? I know, looks a little different to usual! But I thought it was time for a change, I wasn’t entirely happy with the previous theme and thought it looked a little eww…. so I thought ‘why not change it to something I’m interested in?’ So that is exactly what I did.
Onto the book side of things…
On Monday I started reading Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. This book was incredible although, I did expect to like it a bit more. I loved it, but not as much as I thought I would. There is so much hype around this book, and yes, it is good. But I do think the level of hype on this book is a little bit too much.
Normally I read a little at night as well as on the bus (and during study time at school). But I couldn’t this week because I am now seriously drowning in school work. I’m only a little bit stressed out *she says after a week of only 5 hours sleep a night* I am definitely getting a lot more into study then I had been earlier this year meaning I am not getting a book done in 2/3 days but rather my normal 5-7.
So with that said, I finished Truthwitch Friday morning and so moved onto Windwitch. So far I’m only 30 pages into it. And I must admit, I’m a tad confused as to what is happening… there is a time jump between the two books so I’m just trying to figure out what on earth has happened.
I gave Truthwitch a 4/5 stars by the way. And I probably won’t have time to read windwitch until Monday as I’m planning on doing a bucket load of Math and Chemistry study. But windwitch is shorter that Truthwitch, which is a bit of a surprised, so fingers crossed I can have that done by Thursday so I can start King’s Cage.
onto a couple of bookstagram things!
- I’ve joined 4 photo challenges this month! #ashreadschallenge3 #fanaticalbirdmarch #marchdelirium and #literatemarch17 . All of which are super fun and I cannot wait for later days in March.
- Evelyn Skye liked two of my photos (they included her book The Crown’s Game) and commented on one with heart eye emojis…. yeah I’m fangirling!!!
- Tomorrow I am going to try and take some photos. I’ve come up with a few more ideas which should fit into my current theme… it might change it slightly but shouldn’t change it too much… we will see, haha.
book related but not entirely book related:
- I’ve started burning my Abarox candle from Koolandco (he is the dragon from Throne of Glass) and I must say it smells amazing
- I cannot get over the quote ‘There is no wisdom in love’ from The Crown’s Game. It sounds so cliche but in the moment of the book it gave me all the feels.
That’s pretty much all for this week.
Until next time.