I’m back again with more Reading pet peeves, this time focused more on the stuff inside the book and not the people who are annoying as you read the book.
1. When you thought a character was going to go away forever but then comes back
Why do you need to come back!?
2. when a character makes decisions you absolutely hate but you’re trying to stick by them
3. When you so truly believe that a character is good and then they stab you in the back with their evilness
I cannot believe I allowed myself to defend you time and time again.
4. When the book is really boring and your so close to giving up and then it becomes really interesting
It is even worse if the interesting part doesn’t happen until the last third of the book.
5. ‘I released a breath I didn’t know I was holding’ or any other variation
Why did you have to go there?
On a totally unrelated but related note: Kiera Cass in one of the Selection books has a line that is ‘He released a breath I didn’t know he was holding’. Like yeah, of course you didn’t know he was holding it, it’s his air not your’s.
Until next time,